EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 30.10.21

3 min

Aleksandar Mitrovic hit a hat-trick as Fulham claimed a 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion at Craven Cottage in a game that ended with both teams reduced to 10 men.

The forward’s early penalty put the hosts ahead before adding a second shortly before half-time, capitalising on a weak Robert Snodgrass backpass.

The Baggies then had Darnell Furlong sent-off with 20 minutes to go before Mitrovic added a third eight minutes from time and Tosin Adarabioyo was dismissed for a studs-up challenge on Grady Diangana.

Meanwhile, Millwall fell to their first away defeat since August with a 1-0 loss to Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium.

A late Jonathan Hogg header 10 minutes from time sealed the win for the Terriers with the result seeing Millwall move down to 12th in the table.

In Friday evening’s game, QPR were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Lyndon Dykes’ goal just before half-time looked to have given the hosts maximum points before Jack Colback struck at the death to rescue a point for Forest.

In League One, Charlton Athletic secured their second consecutive win by hammering Doncaster 4-0 at The Valley.

Elliot Lee gave the Addicks the lead in the 21st minute before Conor Washington doubled their advantage from the penalty spot 10 minutes before the break.

Jayden Stockley and Ben Purrington scored in the second-half to round out a hugely satisfying afternoon for Charlton who made it two wins out of two since Johnnie Jackson took temporary control following Nigel Adkins’ departure.

Elsewhere, AFC Wimbledon have now only one once in their last five league games after going down 1-0 at out-of-form Cambridge United.

Jensen Weir grabbed the winner two minutes after half-time with a fine looping header beyond Dons keeper Nik Tzanev.

READ MORE: Charlton Athletic 4-0 Doncaster Rovers, League One: report, ratings and verdict

In League Two, Aaron Drinan netted a hat-trick as Leyton Orient ended a sequence of four successive draws with a 5-0 home win over Hartlepool United.

Harry Smith and Tom James got the other goals in a game shrouded in controversy as referee Alan Young took the players off the field for half-time four minutes early.

After the customary 15-minute interval break, the official brought the teams back to play the missing time before blowing for half-time and ordering an immediate turnaround to start the second half.

And finally, Sutton United lost 1-0 to Walsall at Gander Green Lane after squandering a number of chances to take the lead.

The Us were twice denied by the woodwork as Isaac Olaofe hit the post before the break and David Ajiboye found the crossbar with Tyrese Shade’s second-half goal proving the difference.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.