EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 15.02.20

2 min

QPR got back to winning ways as they came from 2-0 down to record a 4-2 victory over struggling Stoke City at the Kiyan Prince Foundation stadium.

There were four goals in the space of 11 first-half minutes with Sam Clucas and Tyrese Campbell scoring to put the visitors in command before Jordan Hugill and Ebere Eze hauled the Hoops level.

Bright Osayi-Samuel put QPR ahead with 20 minutes remaining before substitute Ilias Chair sealed their win in injury time with a tap-in.

There was also an impressive 1-0 win for Millwall at Preston North End to get the Lions’ promotion hopes back on track.

Shaun Hutchinson’s late header moving them to within four points of their hosts who currently occupy the remaining Play-Off place.

Elsewhere, Brentford’s Championship promotion charge was checked by a resurgent Birmingham City in a 1-1 draw at St. Andrew’s.

The Bees earned a point thanks to Ethan Pinnock’s first goal for the club to cancel out Lukas Jutkiewicz’s 12th goal of the season for the Blues.

Meanwhile, Fulham suffered a surprise 3-0 defeat at home to bottom club Barnsley.

Former Cottager Cauley Woodrow opened the scoring with a 24th-minute penalty awarded after Marek Rodak brought down Jacob Brown, with the goalkeeper fortunate not to be sent off.

And Brown and Woodrow once again found the net after the break to secure a first win in five league matches for the struggling Tykes.

READ MORE: Charlton Athletic 0-2 Blackburn Rovers, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

That result will not have gone down well at The Valley where Charlton Athletic lost 2-0 to an in-form Blackburn Rovers side.

First-half goals from John Buckley and Tosin Adarabioyo were enough to help the visitors cruise to a comfortable victory and take advantage of most of their promotion rivals dropping points.

In League One, AFC Wimbledon snatched a point with a 2-2 draw away to leaders Rotherham United.

Max Sanders fired opened the scoring for the Dons  with an unstoppable effort before second-half goals from Matt Crooks and Freddie Ladapo looked to have won the game for the Millers.

However, Kwesi Appiah’s stoppage-time penalty after Richard Wood was adjudged to have tripped Joe Pigott in the penalty area ensured a crucial point for the Dons.

And finally, Leyton Orient fell to a late 2-1 defeat away to Cheltenham Town.

Reuben Reid’s 88th-minute header clinched all three points after Conor Wilkinson’s first-half opener for the visitors had been cancelled out a minute later by Alfie May.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.