EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 22.01.22

2 min

Fulham extended their lead at the top of the Championship with a thrilling 3-2 win at Stoke City.

There was an explosive start inside two minutes with Rodrigo Muniz cancelling out D’Margio Wright-Phillips’ first senior goal for Stoke.

Fabio Carvalho’s eighth goal of the season then put Fulham ahead after 33 minutes before Lewis Baker levelled with a debut 58th-minute strike.

However, Bobby Decordova-Reid smashed home to secure Fulham’s fourth straight win and extend their lead at the top to eight points.

Meanwhile, Albert Adomah’s 88th-minute header snatched three points for QPR as the promotion chasers beat Coventry City 2-1 at the Coventry Building Society Arena.

Andre Gray opened the scoring for the Hoops inside the first six minutes before Jordan Shipley’s thunderbolt levelled things after half-time.

QPR survived a barrage from the Sky Blues almost all afternoon but met David Marshall on top form before Adomah popped up to head home an unlikely winner.

Elsewhere, Millwall’s poor recent form continued as they lost 1-0 to Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

Shayne Lavery’s second-half goal was the difference as the Lions have now won just one game since December 4 and only one away match since October 19.

In League One, AFC Wimbledon were left frustrated after seeing a much-needed win slip away with a 1-1 draw at Burton.

Ollie Palmer’s 70th-minute strike was cancelled out by Daniel Jebbison’s equaliser – just seven minutes later – as the spoils were shared.

READ MORE: January transfer window: What Brentford, QPR, Millwall, Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient might need

There was better news for Charlton Athletic who recorded their first league victory since mid-December with a 2-0 win over Fleetwood Town at The Valley.

Mason Burstow (53) headed the Addicks in front early in the second-half following a free-kick with midfielder Albie Morgan adding a second in stoppage time.

In League Two, Sutton United clung on to a 0-0 draw against promotion rivals Northampton after being reduced to 10 men.

They played the last 16 minutes a man light after Craig Eastmond was dismissed for a dangerous challenge.

Both sides had their goalkeepers to thank for earning a point with Dean Bouzanis and Liam Roberts making key saves in either half.

And there was also a goalless draw for Leyton Orient as they played out a scrappy affair with Port Vale at Brisbane Road.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.