EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 21.04.21

2 min

Millwall were dealt a footballing lesson with a 4-1 defeat to high-flying AFC Bournemouth at The Den.

First-half goals from Philip Billing, Arnaut Danjuma and David Brooks put the in-form Cherries well on top, with Dominic Solanke also getting in on the act.

Jed Wallace notched a consolation for the Lions, who otherwise offered very little going forward.

In Tuesday night’s games, Brentford failed to keep the pressure on second-placed Watford with a 1-1 draw against Cardiff City in another blow to their automatic promotion hopes.

Keiffer Moore gave the Bluebirds the lead from the spot just before the hour but Tariqe Fosu levelled minutes later after an Alex Smithies howler.

Meanwhile, QPR further cemented their place in the top half of the table with an impressive 1-0 win away at promotion chasing Swansea City.

Lyndon Dykes drove home his 12th goal of the season in the final minute after being set up by substitute Albert Adomah.

In League One, Charlton Athletic enhanced their Play-Off credentials with an emphatic 6-0 win at Plymouth to move up to sixth in the table.

The Addicks struck through Jake Forster-Caskey, Jayden Stockley, a Kelland Watts own goal, Alex Gilbey, Liam Millar and Chuks Aneke as they moved above defeated Oxford and Portsmouth.

Elsewhere, AFC Wimbledon recovered from a goal down to beat 10-man Oxford 2-1 and record a fourth successive win.

Josh Ruffels put Oxford ahead in the 52nd minute but the game was turned on its head in the space of 12 minutes.

Joe Pigott levelled from the penalty spot in an incident that saw James Henry sent off for handling on the line, and two minutes later Alex Woodyard put the hosts ahead with his first goal for the club.

The Dons are now 19th in the table, five points clear of the drop zone after going on a four-match winning streak.

And in League Two, Leyton Orient’s faint Play-Off hopes took a blow with a 4-2 defeat at home to leaders Cambridge United.

Dan Kemp cancelled out Joe Ironside’s opener for Cambridge in first-half stoppage time but Shilow Tracey and a Paul Mullin penalty within six minutes put the visitors back in front.

A Declan Drysdale own goal pulled Orient back into it but a frantic spell ended with Ironside’s second and three points for Cambridge.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.