EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 19.12.20

2 min

Brentford warmed up for their Carabao Cup quarter-final clash against Newcastle United with an emphatic 3-1 win over Championship play-off rivals Reading.

Mathias Jensen fired the Bees in front after 11 minutes before Bryan Mbeumo scored a stunning second with a strike from distance after 23 minutes.

And the Frenchman turned and fired a low shot into the bottom corner to make it 3-0 six minutes later before Reading’s Sone Aluko grabbed a second-half consolation.

Elsewhere, Millwall recorded their tenth draw of the season with a 1-1 scoreline at home to Nottingham Forest.

Tom Bradshaw’s neat side-foot finish fired the Lions into a 47th-minute lead, only for the visitors to equalise two minutes later through Alex Mighten’s low finish.

QPR also played out a 1-1 draw away to fellow Championship strugglers Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park.

The Hoops went ahead thanks to Jason McCarthy’s own goal before substitute Anis Mehmeti’s strike from the edge of the box two minutes from time secured a share of the spoils.

In League One, Charlton Athletic were forced to settle for a point with a 2-2 draw away to struggling Swindon Town.

Diallang Jaiyesimi fired Swindon in front after 26 minutes before Omar Bogle pulled the Addicks level in the 37th minute.

Substitute Chuks Aneke then put Charlton ahead in the 61st minute before fellow substitute Brett Pitman headed home from a Matt Smith corner in the final minute.

READ MORE: Millwall 1-1 Nottingham Forest, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

Meanwhile, AFC Wimbledon fell to a dramatic late 2-1 defeat against Crewe Alexandra at Plough Lane.

Crewe’s Mikael Mandron broke the deadlock on the hour with Ryan Longman appearing to have secured the Dons a draw when he fired home on the 90th minute.

However, deep into stoppage-time, Oliver Finney stabbed the ball in following a knockdown to take all three points at the death.

And in League Two, Leyton Orient also lost 2-1 to Crawley Town at Brisbane Road.

A Josh Coulson own-goal gave the visitors the lead before Tom Dallison put through his own net as well to make it 1-1.

But Max Watters provided the clinical finish eight minutes from time following Ashley Nadesan’s surging run.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.