EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 04.11.20

2 min

QPR claimed an unlikely 1-0 victory over struggling Derby County at Pride Park, courtesy of a late Macauley Bonne header.

The game looked to be heading for a stalemate until Bonne struck in the 88th minute to give QPR a first away win of the season.

In Tuesday night’s action, Brentford had to settle for a point in a 1-1 draw at home to fellow promotion chasers Swansea City.

The Bees took the lead in style, Bryan Mbeumo’s powerful run finding the overlapping Mathias Jensen who crossed first time for Ivan Toney to slam home.

However Andre Ayew equalised with 12 minutes to go, bundling home Matt Grimes’ low right-wing cross from close range to set up a nail-biting finale.

And Ayew thought he had earned the Swans all three points with the last touch of the game but his powerful header from Grimes’ free-kick was ruled out for offside.

Millwall also claimed a credible point against Norwich City, playing out a goalless draw at Carrow Road.

Lions keeper Bartosz Bialkowski was in fine form, making a number of good stops, while at the other end the Lions rarely troubled Tim Krul – although substitute Shaun Williams nearly won it at the death with a shot that clipped the angle of post and crossbar.

In League One, AFC Wimbledon were denied a winning start on their return to Plough Lane after a 29-year absence as Doncaster twice came from behind to earn a dramatic 2-2 draw.

Dons striker Joe Pigott had the distinction of scoring the first goal at the new stadium after 17 minutes, smashing a low drive home from 10 yards out.

Doncaster then equalised when Wimbledon failed to clear the ball and Matt Smith tucked away the loose ball.

Pigott scored his second of the match in the 83rd minute but Doncaster equalised in added time through James Coppinger.

READ MORE: AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Doncaster Rovers, League One: report, ratings and verdict

Meanwhile, Charlton Athletic made it six straight wins with a 3-2 victory over Fleetwood in an entertaining clash at the Valley.

A Ben Purrington strike and Conor Washington’s double helped the Addicks to victory with Ched Evans’ brace momentarily seeing Fleetwood draw level after going 2-0 down.

And in League Two, Leyton Orient fell to a narrow 2-1 defeat away at high-flying Forest Green Rovers.

O’s midfielder Josh Wright cancelled out Odin Bailey’s strike before Forest Green substitute Matty Stevens won it for the hosts with eight minutes left to play.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.