EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 31.10.20

2 min

Brentford got their Championship promotion push back on track with a commanding 3-0 win at Luton Town.

After two games without victory, the Bees were always in control with Rico Henry opening the scoring after 20 minutes.

Ivan Toney made it 2-0 at half-time before Marcus Forss made sure of the three points 14 minutes from time.

There was also a first win in eight matches for QPR, getting the better of Cardiff City in a five goal thriller at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

First-half goals from Ilias Chair and Todd Kane put the Hoops 2-0 up before Joe Ralls’ penalty soon after the interval brought Cardiff back into the game. 

After Cardiff were awarded a second penalty, Ralls followed up to score from the rebound after his spot-kick was saved by goalkeeper Seny Dieng.

That looked like preserving Cardiff’s unbeaten away league record this season before Dominic Ball’s 25-yard strike made it 3-2 and gave QPR all three points.

Meanwhile Millwall dropped out of the top six after losing 3-0 at home to Huddersfield Town.

Goals from Josh Koroma, Pipa and Lewis O’Brien sunk a Lions side whose entire first-team coaching staff are self-isolating following positive coronavirus tests for manager Gary Rowett and two other staff members.

In League One, goals from Jonny Williams and Chuks Aneke secured Charlton Athletic a fifth consecutive win with a 2-0 victory at promotion rivals Portsmouth.

Despite playing the last 15 minutes without a recognised centre-back, Lee Bowyer’s side restricted the home team to a smattering of chances to also claim a sixth straight clean sheet.

READ MORE: QPR 3-2 Cardiff City, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

Elsewhere, AFC Wimbledon drew 1-1 with bitter rivals MK in their final League One outing before taking to the pitch of their new Plough Lane stadium on Tuesday.

The Dons took an early lead through Joe Pigott before Scott Fraser rescued a point for the hosts.

And in League Two, Leyton Orient handed Bolton Wanderers a 4-0 drubbing at Brisbane Road as the O’s recorded their first home league win of the campaign.

Orient were awarded a penalty after just 17 seconds when Danny Johnson was brought down by visiting goalkeeper Billy Crellin.

Crellin made amends by saving Johnson’s spot-kick, but the Orient striker got his revenge seven minutes later when he scored from close range.

The hosts doubled their advantage when Jobi McAnuff sent his 41st-minute free-kick into the top corner before Conor Wilkinson scored a third just before the break.

And Craig Clay made it 4-0 in the 57th minute when he picked out the top corner to round off a perfect afternoon for the O’s.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.