EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 22.02.20

2 min

Charlton Athletic put daylight between themselves and the relegation zone after running out 3-1 winners at home to Luton Town.

Lyle Taylor opened the scoring for the Addicks in the 34th minute before Harry Cornick equalised two minutes later.

But Taylor put Charlton back in front from the penalty spot just past the hour mark with George Lapslie wrapping up the win late on.

READ MORE: Charlton Athletic 3-1 Luton Town, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

Elsewhere, Mark Warburton returned to the City Ground to deliver a minor blow to Nottingham Forest’s promotion push after his QPR side hung on for a 0-0 draw.

Forest were unable to take a number of chances with Joe Worrall coming closest with an early header ruled out.

Millwall’s play-off hopes were also dealt a blow as they lost 1-0 at Wigan Athletic courtesy of Shaun Hutchinson’s own goal just before the hour.

In the day’s early kick-off, Brentford fought back from 2-0 down to salvage a point in a 2-2 home draw against Blackburn Rovers.

Adam Armstrong gave Blackburn an early lead and converted a second-half penalty, but the Bees hit back through Oli Watkins’ 21st league goal of the season and Said Benrahma’s spot kick.

READ MORE: Brentford 2-2 Blackburn Rovers, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

Friday night’s game saw Aleksandar Mitrovic grab a point for Fulham as they drew 1-1 with Derby County at Pride Park.

Wayne Rooney opened the scoring for the Rams from the penalty spot in the 55th minute, calmly clipping the ball past Fulham keeper Marek Rodak.

However, Mitrovic ensured Fulham a share of the points as he volleyed in Aboubakar Kamara’s cross for his 22nd goal of the season.

In League One, AFC Wimbledon claimed another point towards safety with a goalless draw against Blackpool at Kingsmeadow.

And finally, Leyton Orient played out an entertaining 2-2 draw at home to Oldham Athletic with the visitors scoring two goals in three minutes.

The O’s opened the scoring when Ousseynou Cisse’s header rebounded off the unfortunate Tom Hamer past his own keeper.

But a quick-fire double from Oldham’s Zak Dearnley just five minutes later made it 2-1 before Danny Johnson equalised early in the second-half.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.