EFL London Clubs Match Report Round-Up: 21.12.19

3 min

Charlton Athletic twice came from behind to rescue a point against London rivals QPR with a 2-2 draw at the Kiyan Prince Foundation stadium.

Lyle Taylor’s leveller cancelled out Geoff Cameron’s early opener but Marc Pugh’s first goal for the Hoops, scored with 20 minutes remaining, appeared to give them the points.

That was until Charlton goalkeeper Dillon Phillips lofted a free-kick into the QPR area and Cameron’s misplaced header inadvertently teed up Naby Sarr to score an unlikely 95th minute equaliser.

READ MORE:QPR 2-2 Charlton Athletic, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

Brentford also had to settle for a point as they played out an entertaining 1-1 draw away to league leaders West Bromwich Albion.

Henrik Dalsgaard’s 43rd-minute goal for the Bees was cancelled out on the stroke of half-time by Darnell Furlong but the result means Brentford are still very much in the Play-Off picture, lying fifth in the table.

Meanwhile Fulham remain third, nine points behind second-placed Leeds United who they beat 2-1 at Craven Cottage.

Aleksandar Mitrovic netted his 17th league goal of the season from the penalty spot in the seventh minute before Patrick Bamford levelled with his sixth in eight games.

However, Josh Onomah slammed home from a corner in the 69th minute to seal Fulham’s win and end Leeds’ 11-match unbeaten streak.

Elsewhere, there was frustration at The Den as Millwall’s recent fine form ended with a surprising 2-1 defeat to Championship strugglers Barnsley.

Conor Chaplin’s goal against the run of play gave the Tykes the lead before Aiden O’Brien’s 85th minute leveller.

But Patrick Schmidt’s late header gave the visitors all three points as well as their first away win of the season.

READ MORE: Millwall 1-2 Barnsley, Championship: report, ratings and verdict

In League One, AFC Wimbledon fell to a narrow 1-0 away defeat to fellow strugglers Tranmere Rovers.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy’s 26th minute goal was the difference with the two sides now level on points in the table but still three ahead of third bottom MK Dons.

And finally, Leyton Orient held off a Cambridge United fightback to claim a 3-2 win in League Two.

Jamie Turley put the O’s in front, firing in Jordan Maguire-Drew’s knockdown before Josh Wright scored a rebound from his own saved penalty.

Maguire-Drew’s 30-yard free-kick made it 3-0 before the break with Jack Roles pulling a goal back for Cambridge shortly after they had seen a goal ruled out for offside.

And it was 3-2 with eight minutes left when Sam Smith scored from the penalty spot before both sides were reduced to 10 men when Reggie Lambe and Orient’s Myles Judd were both sent off for second bookable offences.

Hire Us

Like what we do? Get in touch and see what we can do for you!

Support Us on Patreon

Find out more about us here and if you like our articles please check out our Patreon page.